Monday, November 08, 2004

Sidewalk Ownership. Do you know your rights?

ok! So I live on campus, which requires me to walk a great distance to class every morning, or I could drive and start the day off with road rage, I think not. Anyway, the preferred method of walking on campus is the sidewalk, NO! What a concept huh? So this got me thinking, do you know how to walk on a sidewalk? Not many people do, I think it should be a required Freshman course, like FYE. So here's my few simple rules to sidewalk etiquite.
1. we drive on the right side of the road, why doesn't everyone walk on the RIGHT SIDE of the sidewalk! Come on people!
2. When you and your friends are walking, do not walk 4 wide like you OWN the sidewalk! Other people are walking there too! It's a wide open space, MOVE OVER! You can see people comming, don't push them off the sidewalk.
3. When following someone, please pass quickly, do not walk behind them breathing heavily, it creeps people out.
4. DO NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE ON THE SIDEWALK!!!!! If you are going to ride on the sidewalks, at least have the courtesy to not try to run over the pedestrians! Don't weave in and out of groups of people, ride AROUND them, it's a lot easier.
5. If you are walking on the sidewalk and you are meeting someone, and you are smoking, wait until they have passed until you exhale, unless they too have a cigarette. I don't smoke and I prefer not to inhale the NASTY ASS SMOKE that came from your lungs.
6. This one is more near buliding etiqute than sidewalk etiquite, but you are still on the sidewalk so it counts, If you know that there is someone behind you about to enter the same buliding you are, and that person has their hands full, HOLD THE FREAKING DOOR FOR THEM! It's only polite, I know you can use the Handicap button, but that holds the door open and cigarette smoke wafts in with the gale force of cold air.
7. SMILE! Especially smile AT people, even if you don't know them, it makes them feel good. But don't talk to them it kind of weirds them out, when a complete stranger that is not a Wal-Mart greeter asks you how you are that day, it's kind of creepy.
With these simple guidelines, you can have a plesant sidewalk experience. If you can think of any more guidelines that I have missed please feel free to give me a reply. If you have been offended by any of this post, FUCK OFF!

1 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

3. When following someone, please pass quickly, do not walk behind them breathing heavily, it creeps people out.

hahahahah that is so freakin true. I HATE when people do that. It also makes me feel like they are 2 inches away from me and if I trip, disaster will strike.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home